PREP TIME COOK TIME TOTAL TIME
5 mins 30 mins 35 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, solid (but make sure it’s still pliable)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Mix together the flours and salt.
- Using your hands, add the coconut oil until crumbs the size of large coin forms.
- Add the cold water and stir together until the mixture comes together into a dough. If the dough seems a bit dry, add just a tad more water until it comes together.
- Pat it together into a loose ball and transfer the dough to a well-floured surface.
- Dust the top of the dough with flour and form into a rectangle that is 3/4-inch thick. Roll the dough into a rectangle 12×7-inches wide and 1/2-inch thick. With the short side facing you (the 7-inch side), fold the bottom third of the dough up and the top third down, like you are folding a letter. Rotate the folded dough a quarter turn (so the folded side is to your left) and repeat. Roll out and fold up again, repeat one more time after that (for a total of three times). Wrap it up in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours before shaping or using for a recipe.
P.S You can freeze the Dough for up to a month!